Saturday, January 10, 2009

Downtown still bustling

It has been an incredibly horrible week for Knoxville. There has been a lot of business closings, yet life goes on.

Last night I was at the Crown and Goose and ran into a friend who informed me about the ImagePoint closing. She gestured to someone in her party who got let go. It made me think about the whole of the Friday-night scene. Here it was, NOT First Friday and yet the four places that we went to throughout the night were packed. Among the throngs, there must have been a lot of unemployed people who still seem to find a few dollars for a little diversion. Even with my overriding sense of making the most of every penny, to me that is money well-spent.

Are we in a recession? Yes. If Friday nights in downtown slow down, then we would be in a depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment