Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cheap Pays Off -- Most of the Time


I am getting to the point where I believe that you can get a deal on anything at some time somewhere. My e-mail inbox is stuffed with deal blogs, and two this morning were G-O-O-D.

  • Long's Drugstore--the meeting place in West Knoxville (and to you Farragutans, Bearden is the heart of the REAL West Knoxville). 50 percent off! Who is NOT going to drop by Long's in the next month or so?
  • Christmas card deals. To my dear friends who are thinking "I never got a card from her in the 30 years that I have known her. What is she talking about?" You are right!! I do not send out personal cards. I send out cards to those with whom we have had business dealings. I think I have found THE deal for me this year. It came up through commonsensewithmoney.com. Through some magical power this blogger holds, she scans the half-off, etc., deals nationally. The one of which I think I will take advantage is the Simply Social Chicago: $15 for $40 worth of custom holiday cards, invitations and more from SimplyToImpress.com. Another one to consider is Knoxville's Half-Off Depot deal for today, $15 for $45:

    75 8X4 Customizable Slimline Holiday Cards with Envelopes from Premier Photo Mall

  • Cheap does not pay at the hospital! If you have surgery or extended treatment at St. Mary’s, Mercy, Tennova’s Physicians Regional, you get free parking in the garage! Yesterday I parked three blocks (three HILLY blocks) away on the street and found out about the freebee during the admission processing. Well, I can always use a little more exercise!
AS ALWAYS, STAY

No comments:

Post a Comment