Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Those ------ traffic cameras

To me, Summit Hill crossing Henley used to be just a street. Now I approach it, sometimes twice daily, with teeth clinched and hands tightly gripping the steering wheel. I fear the camera.

Twice I have slammed on the brakes. Unfortunately my husband was in the car and . . ., well let's just say he would NOT have slammed on the brakes.

So far no greeting from the city has come in my mailbox. I have known numerous people how have gotten these tickets. Most of them are turning right on red with stopping. Come on! One of them was at 6:10 a.m. with no other car in sight.

$50 is a significant pop to a budget. Avoid the ticket. Stop on red, count to five and then turn.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I'm glad that we don't have that many in Maryville. Except that my husband fusses at me for driving too slow, LOL!

    ReplyDelete