Thursday, February 5, 2009

Time Well Spent

PLEASE NOTE: Invest in friendships!!! It's the best time spent!

I work with seniors. One of the most challenging parts of my job is visiting isolated older people. Throughout their lives many of them worked hard at their jobs and worked hard at raising their children.

And then one day they look up, and they are alone.

Their spouses have either died or left them, their children have moved away, and they never did get very close to people at work.

I am deliberately and continually making friends with many people from all sectors of my life. This includes people twenty years younger than I am. Just as one diversifies one's financial portfolio, one should diversify in friend support. It's the best social security net!

No comments:

Post a Comment