Monday, June 25, 2012

When you can re-use or not buy at all


Some of my thrifty habits (I have posted some of these before):
1.  Affixing the old sliver of soap to the new bar when they are wet. 
2.  When no more toothpaste comes out of the tube, slice one-use applications (see picture).
3.  When no more lotion comes out, microwave for no more than five second to liquify the last little bit.
4.  Use inside bags of cereal boxes for (obviously) re-use as a bag or cut them and separate hamburger patties before freezing.
5.  Using the dryer less and less (I am thinking of Robert Loest proposing that on his Facebook page.) However, a hang-dried towel cannot compete with a dryer-fluffed one.
6.  Donating blood, which I did today at Medic. If you weigh less than 120 pounds, you cannot donate; so I am good for it.  A donor gets a free t-shirt, a Chick-fil-A coupon, of course a Little Debbie snack afterwards.
As I grow older the cholesterol reading that they send me a couple of weeks later is getting more important as I grow older!

7.  Using alternatives to wrapping paper for wrapping presents.  In high school we used the funny paper. I am trying to figure out what would be good to wrap with my office's Stendig calendar expired pages (at right is a commercial picture, but with the baby you can see how large it is)--perhaps a man's birthday present? 

I am taking a few of these coupons with me to Kroger's this week:

REDPLUM

New Coupons!
SAVE $1.00 off any TWO (2) packages of Vanity Fair® napkins

SAVE $1.00 on ONE (1) 2-Giant Roll or larger package of Brawny® Paper Towels

$1.00 OFF TUMS® freshers™ (50ct.)

SAVE $0.75 on any TWO (2) Luigi's® Real Italian Ice products

$1.00 OFF any TWO (2) packages of Land O’Frost Premium®, DeliShaved® or Bistro Favorites™

SAVE $1.00 on ANY L’Oréal® Paris Excellence shade

SAVE $1.00 on ANY Garnier® Fructis® shampoo, conditioner or treatment (Excluding trial size)

SAVE $1.00 on ANY Garnier® Fructis® Style product (Excluding trial size)

BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE ANY flavor Good 'n Natural® Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment